Zirconia Or Porcelain Dental Crowns
How Smiles By Design Saves Cracked and Broken Teeth
One of the most common procedures here at Smiles By Design is placing a crown. Our doctors will place crowns to help out with many different dental health problems. Some of those include:
- Covering a dental implant.
- For a cosmetic modification.
- Protecting a broken tooth or one that has been severely worn down.
- Covering misshapen or severely discolored teeth.
- Protecting a weak tooth from decay or to hold parts of a cracked tooth together.
- Restoring an already broken tooth from further damage.
- Holding in a dental bridge.
What Are Crowns Made From?
Crowns are made from different types of material. Early in dentistry crowns were made from metals and stainless steel. Here at Smiles By Design we use zirconia or porcelain crowns. The reason that we recommend zirconia or porcelain is because of their strength and cosmetic appeal. Zirconia or Porcelain provides a better color match than other materials. They are also better for persons who have metal allergies.
How Long Do Dental Crowns Last?
Crowns last between 5-15 years depending on the amount of wear and tear and your oral health habits. After we place your dental crown you’ll want to stay away from chewing ice and other hard materials, grinding your teeth, biting your fingernails and opening packages with your teeth. This will help your crown last for as long as possible.
To schedule a consultation regarding a dental crown, give us a call at 701-223-5500 or email us.
We look forward to hearing from you.